Tuesday, January 6, 2009

GOALS...

Well it is already the beginning of January - Do you know where your goal plan is?

It's easy to get excited about setting new goals for the new year - the new year is like a clean slate all ready for us to write our intentions on. But time flies and the next thing you know you're back at work and doing the laundry and here come the excuses!

"I didn't have time to write my goals"

"I know what I want (translated it's still floating around in my head) I just have to sit down and write it out"

"No I haven't gotten around yet to chunking out all the actions for my intentions - I'll do that this weekend (unless something comes up!)"

Stop making excuses and commit to taking 5 minutes to BEGIN.  Please notice I did not say "to do the entire thing" - I said to BEGIN!  

Materials needed: (even gathering the materials can be chunked into 5 min tasks!)

Poster board or cardboard or you can even use a closet door or mirror - no excuses about having to go to the store, use what ever flat surface is available.

Sticky notes or cut up some paper and get some tape - you'll need quite a few.

BEGIN:

Take your 3 or 4 top goals for 2009 and write them on a sticky (one goal per sticky so you'll have 4) - Put them on your board or mirror or whatever you're using.

Brain dump: Just start writing all the parts & pieces to making go into completing that goal.  Each thought gets a separate sticky.  Don't worry about putting them in order - just capture the thoughts as they come to you and put them on the board.  When you're done you should have dozens of sticky's under each goal.

You're done for now!  That might have taken you 10 minutes but heck you were probably having fun and time flew by!

Remember - you're taking action towards your goals ANYTIME you spend 5 minutes doing something that hits your target!

No comments: